Petrucci and mark IV 1/30/09.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score
hey here's a little vid i took last night of john playing a cool PF cover with rena's band.
The headshell on his IV was a flame maple and it looked SWEETTTT ...
the new DT CD is HOPEFULLY expected to come out this May.
enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEg9GZvniY

I'll see JP in a couple more weeks,he's really excited about how the new DT album is going.
Richb

btw; here is a pic of the amp he played last night in the bar
[/

Mongo1 said:
Man, you had a primo location for that show.
The auto focus was killing me.... :shock:

man,i hate that focus thing.
should i turn off the auto preset?think it'll fix the focus problem?
thx,
Richb

Rich,

In case it doesn't get said, we really appreciate you posting this kind of stuff on the board. It kind of shows how us Mesa-heads are all one big family inspired around Randall's creativity, no matter how famous or miniscule we are.

My experience has been that the focus gets confused when there are multiple objects in the view at different distances. As the camera moves across them, the focus area switches back and forth between the focus points.

I usually zoom in on the person I want in the shot which eliminates the confusion. When I want a group shot, I pull further back so the entire group is considered the same focus range.

Does the camera possibly have a 'depth of field' setting like a 35mm SLR?
If so, it may be set too low causing it to force a choice of focus objects.

Elpelotero said:
Rich,

In case it doesn't get said, we really appreciate you posting this kind of stuff on the board. It kind of shows how us Mesa-heads are all one big family inspired around Randall's creativity, no matter how famous or miniscule we are.

+1

Mongo1 said:
My experience has been that the focus gets confused when there are multiple objects in the view at different distances. As the camera moves across them, the focus area switches back and forth between the focus points.

I usually zoom in on the person I want in the shot which eliminates the confusion. When I want a group shot, I pull further back so the entire group is considered the same focus range.

Does the camera possibly have a 'depth of field' setting like a 35mm SLR?
If so, it may be set too low causing it to force a choice of focus objects.
thank you very much,that was a easy to understand.for sure I'll take your advice so in a few weeks the new video i'll be posting of John will hopefully be better.
thanks again,
Richb

Elpelotero said:
Rich,

I agree with you 100% and your right,Mesa is our Family...
Richb

Awesome vid Rich. Does JP get bothered much at the gigs? His tone and take was killer around the 5 minute mark.

richb said:
Mongo1 said:
Man, you had a primo location for that show.
The auto focus was killing me.... :shock:

man,i hate that focus thing.
should i turn off the auto preset?think it'll fix the focus problem?
thx,
Richb

Manual focus is the way to go under those lighting conditions.

bpm91 said:
Awesome vid Rich. Does JP get bothered much at the gigs? His tone and take was killer around the 5 minute mark.

I little bit from a few people who he doesn't know.he's real nice about it though.he's on downtime,there for his wife and her band.
Richb

Rich, can I ask how well you know John Petrucci, I read your myspace it said you took lessons from him, thats cool. Also where did he play the other night, and are these gigs advertised anywhere?
I run into John randomly in stores and what not, a handful of times over the past um 10 years? (wow has it been that long) I always feel like an *** when I say hi to him, but he is very nice and chats for a minute, (i know i could just leave him alone, but i dont think im that bad, plus everyone wants to say hi to there idols)

cool songs on your page btw

dmcguitar said:
Rich, can I ask how well you know John Petrucci, I read your myspace it said you took lessons from him, thats cool. Also where did he play the other night, and are these gigs advertised anywhere?
I run into John randomly in stores and what not, a handful of times over the past um 10 years? (wow has it been that long) I always feel like an *** when I say hi to him, but he is very nice and chats for a minute, (i know i could just leave him alone, but i dont think im that bad, plus everyone wants to say hi to there idols)

cool songs on your page btw
pretty good bro_
thanks for taking the time to read my profile although i need to update it,all the info's there.his wife,(Rena)'s band played the other night.sometimes john's there.
thx for the kind words about the ms songs.
Richb

richb said:
hey here's a little vid i took last night of john playing a cool PF cover with rena's band.
The headshell on his IV was a flame maple and it looked SWEETTTT ...
the new DT CD is HOPEFULLY expected to come out this May.
enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEg9GZvniY

I'll see JP in a couple more weeks,he's really excited about how the new DT album is going.
Richb

btw; here is a pic of the amp he played last night in the bar
[/

a warning: do NOT watch this video full screen... :lol:

but anyway, that was cool, at least the parts i could see, my eyes are still trying to adjust after that... :lol:
i would love to see john playing a little gig like that, i never thought he did that kinda thing..

but seriously, maybe turn off the auto focus or use manual focus or something??

i like that pic, shows his mic positioning...looks like about halfway between the center and the edge of the speaker???
ill use that at my next gig...

No Mark V? Not that I'm knockin the Mark IV (my personel favorite) I just thought JP would be one of the first to have the Mark V.

Latest posts

Back