Modding a Mark III Red-Stripe to a Mark IIC+????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xT00BZRG00Dx

Reaction score
Can this be done??? If so, what features will it add, and how will it affect the tone. Also, how much would it cost to have it done (not by me)??????

Yeah it can be done not sure how much it costs but guitar center hollywood had a mark iii moded to a iic+ so i would suggest calling them i think it was 2 grand or less but i know mesa will do it call them

MetallicaFreak65 said:
Yeah it can be done not sure how much it costs but guitar center hollywood had a mark iii moded to a iic+ so i would suggest calling them i think it was 2 grand or less but i know mesa will do it call them

If this is a joke, I get the humor about the $2000 or less part. If you are being honest, tell those Hollywood guys that I will buy some of that bait that they are putting on their hooks :wink: . If you want a C+, make sure it is for the right reasons, not for "whomever" made a hit song with it. Either "pony up" and buy one or make the best of your current Boogie. I played a red stripe MkIII Coliseum the other day, a great amp indeed. 8)

i dont know if you guys understood correctley i called asking for a mark iv and they said they had a moded mark iii to a C+ and that was 2grand not the the actual mod. i think i read somewhere
gts said:
MetallicaFreak65 said:
This is s duplicate thread/ post. One level up in the Vintage Amp forum xT00BZRG00Dx posted the exact same thing, Subject, Content etc.....
There have been a few replies.

Fwiw Call Mesa (707) 778-6565.
When you want info like this it may be best to go to the source.

No offense MetallicaFreak65 but, dude while you may mean well, the info in some of your posts lately has been way off the mark.
that the mod is a few hundred hopefully that cleared u\p the confusion

The modification of the MkIII that is done by Mike Bendinelli is know as a "III+". It is usually written on the rear face of the chassis in sharpie marker. It is an attempt to make the III have a smoother tone like the MkIIC+. But do not let anyone tell you that it has been modded INTO a C+. That is not a true statement, hence my comment about bait and hooks. :lol:

I had a III blue stripe that I had Mike B mod to the "IIIC+" specs. It is not a true IIC+, it is a III that is modded to sound similar to the IIC+. The mod will smooth out the top end, add some depth to the lower end, and will brighten up the clean channel. It is a well worth-it mod in my opinion, and has a noticible positive effect on the tone. As far as how close it is to a real IIC+, according to Mike B it is a matter of splitting hairs.

The Mod will cost a few hundred.

reo73 said:
I had a III blue stripe that I had Mike B mod to the "IIIC+" specs. It is not a true IIC+, it is a III that is modded to sound similar to the IIC+. The mod will smooth out the top end, add some depth to the lower end, and will brighten up the clean channel. It is a well worth-it mod in my opinion, and has a noticible positive effect on the tone. As far as how close it is to a real IIC+, according to Mike B it is a matter of splitting hairs.

The Mod will cost a few hundred.

The OP says in his signature that he is into his MkIII for $575. If he spent another $400 +/- for the mod and shipping, he is still into the amp for around $1000. Not a bad price for what you"ll have in the end. The Guitar Center price seemed like a ripoff to me, especially the somewhat false C+ claim (half-truth). :evil:

Back