First post

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Cane

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm sure I'll have some questions all along but thought I'd join here to see what everyone else has going on. I had no idea these ol amps were still very popular but looks like some of us like them.

Here's a picture of mine. I bought it used in I think '81 but might have been '82 along with a couple of guitars I put together.

Rig006.jpg

welcome to the forum! all those cords/cable make your room look almost as bad as mine ;)

The guitars are nice but, they're like Jennifer Anniston's necktie. Move 'em so we can see the good stuff! :lol:

Xqzdust said:
The guitars are nice but, they're like Jennifer Anniston's necktie. Move 'em so we can see the good stuff! :lol:

Welcome! I have to agree...lets see that Boogie!

Ok, guys, here's a question. What is my serial number? I just called my wife and she found a few numbers but wasn't really much help. Do any of these sound like a serial number? I'm just curious if there are enough geeks here (and I mean that in a good way) to figure out when this was made.

on the speaker

Old Cane said:
Do any of these sound like a serial number?
I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but from all of the pics I've seen around here, I would think 7994 is the SN and 4211893 is a patent number. Can you post a pic?

Not today but i did some more searching on the site. It took some doing but i found a post with a link to a database and it looks like you are exactly right. I guess it was made maybe in '81. I think it was ordered in '80. That was when it was taking about 18 months to get one made I was told at the time. My friend ordered 4. They had their record deal for about a month before the lable folded (Capricorn) and he sold 2 of them. I got one, road case and all for $500. Seeing as how I paid $325 for my Quad reverb a few years before that seemed like an awful lot of money for a 112. It was maybe the best $500 I ever spent, looking back now.

Back