Fan on Mark 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cisspcism

Reaction score
Ok, this wasnt like this when I breiefly had a Mark iv, but on my Mark 3 it apears that the power outlet (on back of amp)always has power even when amp is turned off so if the fan is plugged it will be running, so I always have to take the extra step of un plugging the amp.

On the mark IV the fans was built inwith the amps power and came on when the amp came on.

My question is there somekinda of adapter I can buy that will maybe sit between the pwer supply and fan plug where I can turn of/on the fan without always un plugging it?

If the amp came with the fan option, there should be a two prong inlet under the chassis to the left of the power transformer. If the amp did not come with the fan option,
it may not have the jack.

I have a two prong type on the back of my chassis where I plug the fan into. But the plug always is on when the amp its self is plugged in. Turning the amp off doesnt shut down power to the 2 prong ac on the back of my amp, so if I want to turn of fan I have to unplug it

gts said:
cisspcism said:
I have a two prong type on the back of my chassis where I plug the fan into. But the plug always is on when the amp its self is plugged in. Turning the amp off doesnt shut down power to the 2 prong ac on the back of my amp, so if I want to turn of fan I have to unplug it
Yes we understand.
What Boogiebabies was saying was that on the bottom of the chasis to the left of the Power Transformer there is another 2 prong outlet. This is where the fan should be plugged in.
It's a bit tough to get to and see this outlet with the chasis in the combo shell or head. Pull the chasis out of the shell and you'll see the outlet.

Cool, thats probably it!!! I will go and look for it tonight when I get home. Gosh, and hear I am thinking to myself, This is a weird deisgn they would do it this way.

Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back