Mark III Tech Initials...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey, have any of you come accross any Mark series amps with the initials "DR" on em? I'm looking at buying a Mark III Red Stripe and I see a red stripe over the power cord and the initials "DR" under the power cord...I'm just trying to determine if it's an original red stripe or a Mark III which was modded to a red stripe...

Any feed back would be great, thanks.

"DR" = "Dual Reverb" = simul/reverb.

H = hundred
S = sixty
D = dual (simul)

R = reverb
G = graphic EQ
X = export PT (right?)

so you could have a DRGX or a HRG or an S. I guess I have an S and a DRG.

Oh okay, yeah that would make sense, it is a Simul Class version with Reverb and GEQ....thanks dude!

Aren't those codes supposed to be in on the sides of the chassis? Do you find it strange that the "DR" is listed below the power cord and that there are no signs of Mike B's initials by the power cord?

Yes, I was thinking last night that's a strange place for them. Does it say DRG anywhere else on the chassis?

Could just be somebody's initials.

Yeah huh, well I dunno, I`ll have to request photo`s of the chassis, I may be potentially buying it from a guy but have only been communicating thru email...I`ll look into getting chassis pics, thanks.

I have an '88 MkIII Blue Stripe (Simul/Rev/EQ)...

Below my power cord, I have a single black 'R' next to a red squiggly shape (not sure what that is). Will try to get a photo and post it. If memory serves, I think I have date/initials on the bottom of the chassis near the preamp tubes... will flip her over and check it out.

The red thing is probably MB (Mike Bendinelli's signature).
The black R means that the it has the updated reverb.

Back