MARK III SERIAL NUMBERS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
Does anybody know the serial number range for the different stripes. Such as what #-# for black, #-# for blue and so on. Just curious. Thanx!!!

Starts from 15000 to 28384.

My Green stripe for instance is 26xxx. Don't know exactly where other strips may fall into.

I would guess 15xxx to 18xxx is black stripe, 18xxx to 21xxx is Purple, 21xxx to 24xxx is Red, 24xxx to 26xxx is Blue, and 26xxx to 28384 is Green.

I called Mike B long ago about this as well....

He said my Green stripe is one of the very early green stripes. He also told me that at the time, they were making blue and green stripes at the same time for a short while untill they were able to fully transistion to Green. So in other words, the serial numbers will be mixed to a point.

Jarrod said:
He also told me that at the time, they were making blue and green stripes at the same time for a short while untill they were able to fully transistion to Green. So in other words, the serial numbers will be mixed to a point.

That explains a lot. My 60W's serial is smack in the middle of Green Stripe era but it's definitely a Blue stripe.

ursinus said:
My Blue stripe is 26XXX and looks like a green stripe, no wonder I love it....

I looked again and it is 27XXX the marker definitely looks blue, but it is wired in pentode and has a date of 1-28-91 inside. It should be a green, No?

ursinus said:
ursinus said:

I looked again and it is 27XXX the marker definitely looks blue, but it is wired in pentode and has a date of 1-28-91 inside. It should be a green, No?

When I bought my green stripe, the guy that was selling it said it was a blue stripe because he thought the marker looked blue. Needless to say, when I got it, I took a look and noticed that is looked kind of like a blue/green sea color. I gave Mike B a call, and he said it was most likely a Green. I also took a look at ebay at pictures of Mark III's showing the back, and noticed that the blue on theirs was much darker and much more obvious of being blue than mine.

With that said, if your not sure it is a Green color or not, more than likely it's green. Keep in mind, all they used was a magic marker. :wink:

With that serial number, I would bet it's a Green for sure. Could help if you showed a picture as I can comfirm on my part.

Keep in mind that that other stripes are also wired in pentode in the inner class a/ab sockets. The Green stripe however is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets. If your Amp is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets, then I have without a doubt it's a green.

Jarrod said:
ursinus said:
ursinus said:

When I bought my green stripe, the guy that was selling it said it was a blue stripe because he thought the marker looked blue. Needless to say, when I got it, I took a look and noticed that is looked kind of like a blue/green sea color. I gave Mike B a call, and he said it was most likely a Green. I also took a look at ebay at pictures of Mark III's showing the back, and noticed that the blue on theirs was much darker and much more obvious of being blue than mine.

With that said, if your not sure it is a Green color or not, more than likely it's green. Keep in mind, all they used was a magic marker. :wink:

With that serial number, I would bet it's a Green for sure. Could help if you showed a picture as I can comfirm on my part.

Keep in mind that that other stripes are also wired in pentode in the inner class a/ab sockets. The Green stripe however is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets. If your Amp is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets, then I have without a doubt it's a green.

Definitely wired in pentode:
P1010138.jpg

Whatever the stripe, I love it!

Ya lol.

That's a Green alright. Wired in pentode and made in 1991. 100% Green.

path09en said:
Jarrod said:
Ya lol.

Hey Jarrod!

How do you know that it's wired in pentode just by looking at the picture?
Cheers!

Boogie babies explained is perfectly. :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
Triode - Pins 3 and 4 on the outer tubes sockets will be connected by the screen grid resistor.

Pentode - Pins 3 and 4 are not connected by the screen grid resistor.

Jarrod said:
path09en said:
Jarrod said:
Ya lol.

Hey Jarrod!

How do you know that it's wired in pentode just by looking at the picture?
Cheers!

Boogie babies explained is perfectly. :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
Triode - Pins 3 and 4 on the outer tubes sockets will be connected by the screen grid resistor.

Pentode - Pins 3 and 4 are not connected by the screen grid resistor.

Thanks Jarrod and Boogiebabies!

Back