The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:09 am 
Bottle Rocket

Okay sorry for all the pictures. These ones will give you a better idea of the TEAL stripe lol:

Another:

And another!

By now the stripe should look green, but wait, it's blue, but wait... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:34 pm 
Mark III

That is weird, looks green, but could have been blue, my guess is green.
Nice Mark III!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 am 
Mark II

That's a sweet Mark. III there. How do you find the Greenbacks handle high volume? I really want a closed back greenback loaded quad for my purple stripe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:31 pm 
Donating Member

1988 Mark III Simul Reverb GEQ Blue Stripe Combo EV Loaded Baby.

No other Guitar Amp has ever been or ever will be as Excellent as the Mesa Boogie Mark III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:38 pm 
Bottle Rocket

robredo_mattila wrote:
That's a sweet Mark. III there. How do you find the Greenbacks handle high volume? I really want a closed back greenback loaded quad for my purple stripe.

Thanks!

As for the greenbacks, they handle the Mark III in simulclass mode extremely well. You will be VERY loud, in fact, I've played some JMC Marshall cabs with a Dual Rectifier and I don't recall those being as loud as my Mark III with my greenbacks. Note that my cab is the old style "compact" Mesa cab with the top two speakers being open back and the bottom being closed backs. The volume is very loud and you can play virtually any venue you want. Only reason to get a second cab would not be for volume, but for effects, in my opinion, and I've played some pretty good sized venues, like the old Reseda Country Club in the LA/Valley area. You will be happy with the greenbacks. Last thing is: These are the 25 watt versions. Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:40 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Nomad wrote:

No other Guitar Amp has ever been or ever will be as Excellent as the Mesa Boogie Mark III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great-looking amp. See how your blue stripe is unquestionably blue? Mine is the "teal" blue ahaha. Some here are saying it's not teal, it's green stripe. :)

What's your opinion?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 pm 
Donating Member

solinator wrote:
Nomad wrote:

That's a great-looking amp. See how your blue stripe is unquestionably blue? Mine is the "teal" blue ahaha. Some here are saying it's not teal, it's green stripe. :)

What's your opinion?

You got a Green Stripe. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 pm 
Bottle Rocket

gts wrote:
solinator wrote:

What's your opinion?

Solinator:
Go look at the pics posted by Koprofag on Page 2 of this thread and the responses.
Also see last last posts on Page 3 of this thread - same pics with further clarification.

Take your chasis out and compare it to the pics.
Since you have a Simul-Class amp you'll be able to tell (blue or green) by the tube socket wiring shown in the pics on that page of this thread.

I've always guessed a blue mark/ stripe made with a blue marker could fade to teal just as easily as green mark/ stripe could fade to teal.

Now go pull your chasis! :) ;-)

No problem! hehe

I will--just had a few days of rehearsals and Thxgivin and was too tired to pull it out. I'll take some pics and share with you all. Note that even though I am proficient at playing guitar, my weakness has always been electronics! So, I decided to try the folks that know their stuff on these forums. :)

Well, I'll post soon! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:34 am 
Bottle Rocket

Okay, here are the pictures of the inside of my Mark III chassis:

Here is another one:

Here are some additional ones:

more:

one more:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Black Dot... 15887

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 am 
Mark I

i had no idea k510 was a wierd serial number.3 words i love it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm 
Bottle Rocket

gts wrote:
solinator wrote:

What's your opinion?

Solinator:
Go look at the pics posted by Koprofag on Page 2 of this thread and the responses.
Also see last last posts on Page 3 of this thread - same pics with further clarification.

Take your chasis out and compare it to the pics.
Since you have a Simul-Class amp you'll be able to tell (blue or green) by the tube socket wiring shown in the pics on that page of this thread.

I've always guessed a blue mark/ stripe made with a blue marker could fade to teal just as easily as green mark/ stripe could fade to teal.

Now go pull your chasis! :) ;-)

Based on the pictures showing pentode/triode wiring, serial number and reference pictures showing the green hues from other amps, I am convinced I have a green stripe.

But it's weird because the gentleman that sold me this amp sold it to me as a blue stripe. I think ALL stripes are unique and it doesn't matter what color the stripe is as long as the sound the owner is looking for is there. We all are different and will interpret the "perfect" sound differently. It's amazing that these amps can deliver all those "perfect" tones.

My opinion is that they all sound awesome and there is a place for each one of those iterations. I am actually watching some eBay sales right now to see if I can get a second Mark III. Money is a bit low because of Christmas, but in the near future I want to get a Mark IV for a rock band project I have in mind. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:11 pm 
Mark II

i just got mine. Black dot serial no. 153** it has the 105 tranny and passed the c+ effects loop test,If it means anything. But it sounds so damn good!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am 
Donating Member

i see you've got a ev classic re-issue in there. Any comments you care to make?

thnx,
j

Nomad wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm 
Mark I

boogiemon wrote:
i see you've got a ev classic re-issue in there. Any comments you care to make?

thnx,
j

Nomad wrote:

i believe i have the same model as you, the seriel # is 24256. but mine has the wicker grille and the imbuya cab color. only mine has the black shadow speaker, how do the 2 speakers compare? the black shadowand yours?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next