The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MARK III SERIAL NUMBERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 pm 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:52 pm
Posts: 276
Does anybody know the serial number range for the different stripes. Such as what #-# for black, #-# for blue and so on. Just curious. Thanx!!!

_________________
"Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 am 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 29
Starts from 15000 to 28384.

My Green stripe for instance is 26xxx. Don't know exactly where other strips may fall into.

I would guess 15xxx to 18xxx is black stripe, 18xxx to 21xxx is Purple, 21xxx to 24xxx is Red, 24xxx to 26xxx is Blue, and 26xxx to 28384 is Green.

I called Mike B long ago about this as well....

He said my Green stripe is one of the very early green stripes. He also told me that at the time, they were making blue and green stripes at the same time for a short while untill they were able to fully transistion to Green. So in other words, the serial numbers will be mixed to a point.

_________________
Mark III Green Stripe long head


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:42 am 
Offline
Mark IV

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:35 am
Posts: 749
Location: Southern California
My Blue stripe is 26XXX and looks like a green stripe, no wonder I love it....

_________________
Carol Ann OD2-100 EL34>
Scumback 2x12 with XH75, ASW70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:14 am 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:01 am
Posts: 307
Location: Sweden
My red stripe is around 19100.

_________________
This one goes to eleven. One louder!
Mark III combo/rackmount (red stripe DRG)
Mark IVB head
JP2C
Triaxis/2:90
Roadster head -SOLD
Mark V head -SOLD
Marshall AFD100
Fractal Axe FXII/Matrix GT1600FX
EVH 5150III (stealth)
Engl E570 preamp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:24 am 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Exit 2
Mine red stripe= 198xx :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:07 pm 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:12 am
Posts: 301
Location: boogieland
no stripe ... 15113


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:57 pm 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:00 pm
Posts: 834
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
mine blue stripe is 237xx.

_________________
Amps
Stiletto Deuce
Mark III simul blue stripe
Mark IVA
Blue Angel 2x10' combo

Cabs
Mesa Thiele EV
Mesa Open Back EV
Mesa Open Back VS 12 (2)

Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Custom 92'
Gibson Flying V 02'
Fender Am Std Strat 96'
PRS Singlecut 02'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 3:39 am
Posts: 2504
Location: Birmingham, AL
Jarrod wrote:
He also told me that at the time, they were making blue and green stripes at the same time for a short while untill they were able to fully transistion to Green. So in other words, the serial numbers will be mixed to a point.


That explains a lot. My 60W's serial is smack in the middle of Green Stripe era but it's definitely a Blue stripe.

_________________
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." Lao Tzu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 8
232xx blue stripe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:58 am 
Offline
Mark IV

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:35 am
Posts: 749
Location: Southern California
ursinus wrote:
My Blue stripe is 26XXX and looks like a green stripe, no wonder I love it....


I looked again and it is 27XXX the marker definitely looks blue, but it is wired in pentode and has a date of 1-28-91 inside. It should be a green, No?

_________________
Carol Ann OD2-100 EL34>
Scumback 2x12 with XH75, ASW70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 29
ursinus wrote:
ursinus wrote:
My Blue stripe is 26XXX and looks like a green stripe, no wonder I love it....


I looked again and it is 27XXX the marker definitely looks blue, but it is wired in pentode and has a date of 1-28-91 inside. It should be a green, No?


When I bought my green stripe, the guy that was selling it said it was a blue stripe because he thought the marker looked blue. Needless to say, when I got it, I took a look and noticed that is looked kind of like a blue/green sea color. I gave Mike B a call, and he said it was most likely a Green. I also took a look at ebay at pictures of Mark III's showing the back, and noticed that the blue on theirs was much darker and much more obvious of being blue than mine.

With that said, if your not sure it is a Green color or not, more than likely it's green. Keep in mind, all they used was a magic marker. :wink:

With that serial number, I would bet it's a Green for sure. Could help if you showed a picture as I can comfirm on my part.

Keep in mind that that other stripes are also wired in pentode in the inner class a/ab sockets. The Green stripe however is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets. If your Amp is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets, then I have without a doubt it's a green.

_________________
Mark III Green Stripe long head


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 pm 
Offline
Mark I
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:53 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
No Stripe, Black "+" Ser. No. 15946
Green Stripe Ser. No. 25311

_________________
'73 GIBSON SG Standard
'85 GIBSON Les Paul Standard
'03 GIBSON Les Paul Classic DC
'05 GIBSON Blues Hawk
'92 PRS Custom 24
'85 MESA/Boogie Mark III - No Stripe
'89 MESA/Boogie Mark III - Green Stripe
'88 MESA/Boogie Thiele 1x12 Cab


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:32 pm 
Offline
Mark IV

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:35 am
Posts: 749
Location: Southern California
Jarrod wrote:
ursinus wrote:
ursinus wrote:
My Blue stripe is 26XXX and looks like a green stripe, no wonder I love it....


I looked again and it is 27XXX the marker definitely looks blue, but it is wired in pentode and has a date of 1-28-91 inside. It should be a green, No?


When I bought my green stripe, the guy that was selling it said it was a blue stripe because he thought the marker looked blue. Needless to say, when I got it, I took a look and noticed that is looked kind of like a blue/green sea color. I gave Mike B a call, and he said it was most likely a Green. I also took a look at ebay at pictures of Mark III's showing the back, and noticed that the blue on theirs was much darker and much more obvious of being blue than mine.

With that said, if your not sure it is a Green color or not, more than likely it's green. Keep in mind, all they used was a magic marker. :wink:

With that serial number, I would bet it's a Green for sure. Could help if you showed a picture as I can comfirm on my part.

Keep in mind that that other stripes are also wired in pentode in the inner class a/ab sockets. The Green stripe however is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets. If your Amp is wired in pentode in all 4 sockets, then I have without a doubt it's a green.


Definitely wired in pentode:
Image

Whatever the stripe, I love it!

_________________
Carol Ann OD2-100 EL34>
Scumback 2x12 with XH75, ASW70


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:40 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 29
Ya lol.

That's a Green alright. Wired in pentode and made in 1991. 100% Green.

_________________
Mark III Green Stripe long head


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Alaska
1985.
No Stripe... just a black dot
serial 157XX
Long box (somewhat rare from what I'm told)...

_________________
Guitar: 81' Ibanez Artist Series AS-200
Amp: Mesa Mark III
Speakers: Pre-Rola Greenbacks
Effect: MI Audio Crunch


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group