Mark IV with a 50 watt speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbagg

Reaction score
Is it possible? Does tweed lower wattage, or just the input signal? I always keep the amp in triode and tweed.

According to the manual:

Code:
In the CLASS A position, only the two end power tubes are active, producing around 30 watts before clipping when operating TRIODE, or 50 watts when in PENTODE.

In the SIMUL-CLASS position, ... the power kicks up to around 85 watts PENTODE or 70 watts TRIODE

Doesn't specify any of the affects of TWEED in terms of wattage, but your safest bet would be CLASS A, then you'd be sure.

I ordered a MESA Fillmore 75 to go in my Mark IV. I wouldn't hesitate putting a 50 watt speaker in it as, if you can hear me, "It's Too LOUD!" I don't think I've ever had the Mark IV above 1.5 on the master ever, even outdoors.
"Turn it down!"
I played a show yesterday and have video proof that I am nowheres near loud, let alone too loud.

Here's a tone improvement tip if you never get to let the amp breathe with higher master volume settings.

Engage the effects loop even if you don't use effects in it. Lower the signal level using the send and return controls and then you can boost the master volume control level while keeping the sound level down. This can make the amp sound more open. I've found that just about every amp sounds and feels choked when the master volume is down low.

Latest posts

Back