F30 Effects loop question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
Hi Folks: I've never used the effects loop before that has a mix control. What is everybody doing as far as level. I've tried most of the knob range and I seem to like 50-75% with my current levels on my pedals. Do I cut all the levels ON THE PEDALS UP and use the mix control on the FX loop or just balance between them? (chorus, 12-string effect, delay and digital reverb)

Thanks, great to be back in Boogie-land

Shaun

For analog effects, you can either set the loop Mix to 100% and then set the pedal mix how you like it, OR set the effects mix to 100% (or whatever you like) and set the amp mix how you want.

For digital effects (delay, mod, reverb, etc) you will want to set the amp mix to 100% and set the effects mix as appropriate. If you don't run the amp mix at 100%, then you will likely get a flanger-like artifact due to the latency in the digital effects.

The following is cut/paste from the manual, if that helps -

For the best results...Set the mix of your effect to 100% wet. Then dial in the amount of effect that you wish to hear,
starting at 10% with the FX LOOP MIX control. The drier (closer to 10%) signal you use, the better your tone
should be. This parallel type FX Loop allows the amplifier to retain its purity with the smallest amount of degredation
due to possible effect impedance mismatching.

Latest posts

Back