F50 Rear Valve Mesh Protector

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul461

Reaction score
Folks,..in need of a valve protector grill for my F50..any ideas on where to purchase one in the UK. I've been on all second hand sites for a while now with no luck
Thanks..Paul

Hi Paul,
Are you wanting the mesh to keep the amp original, aesthetics? Or, do you need it to actually protect the valves from people, or people from the valves?

Unless you have small kids about the amp will operate fine and is relatively safe without the mesh protector. My MkII doesn't have one standard, and I've taken the one off my MkV (in storage). I guess Boogie have to put them on to reduce their liability and to keep us safe.

I think you will have trouble if chasing down an original replacement. Unless someone on this site offers you theirs you're probably easier to contact Boogie and ask if they can cut and bend a new one for you.

Thanks for the replies..I'm looking one as the mains cable tends to coil upwards in the direction of the valves after playing and I don't want it damaged by heat of the valves etc
I've seen one with the bars as well but the mesh has a bottom which would stop any contact

Bear in mind it's a pain in the *** to put the mains and foot pedal lead away, or at least it is in mine.

Easier to secure the cable lower down rather than worry about the mesh. I always remove mine and they're stacked in the garage until I sell it.

Latest posts

Back