F-50 maybe ruined by new owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmactech

Reaction score
Took in an F-50 combo yesterday, good price, no known history.
Tested 100% on acquisition. As part of the negotiation I pulled the power tubes to see if any were original. No, Sovteks. Replaced the tubes, bought the thing, drove off.

Next day, went to fire it up, blew a fuse. Uh, oh. Replaced the fuse, two down.

Symptoms: power light on, I hear a relay click.

Pulled the chassis from the combo and noticed one burned and one burned and missing (diode?) on the daughter board that the power tube mounts are attached to. I have pictures but will post later.

After rethinking the problem it is apparent that I mis-aligned one or both of the tubes in the tube mount and fried something. Alignment Keys on the bottom of both tubes are missing? So far looks like simple resolder job to reattach a diode. (Need the spec) and probably replace the power tubes will save it.

Any tips (especially the diode spec) are appreciated.

Jb

Minor update- looks like one or two 470 Ohm resistors are fried.
Need a source for these.

Jb

You should be able to get them at Digikey, Mouser, Antique Electronic Supply. Stick with the same wattage rating (2 watts?). Antique Electronic supply sells replacement guide pins. I've used them to make an old RCA 6L6GC safe to use.

Back