Footswitch issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octobersings

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just joined a new band and (finally) have the chance to use my F-50 again (very, very pleased!).

However, when using the footswitch to switch from CH2 to Ch2+Contour I get a second of quiet signal before it comes up to full volume. Is this normal? I want to use the Ch2+Contour for lead stuff, but that volume dip is not good.

Also, switching channels (or just switching from CH2 to Ch2+Contour) means the reverb dips out completely for about 3 seconds. Sounds weird. Does anyone else get that? Is that normal?

Thanks.

Thanks Elvis. Much appreciated.

I also have that common white noise issue. Time to visit the amp doctor, I think. Authorised Mesa Service technicians are really hard to find here in the UK. Looks like I'll be shipping her from Brighton to Scotland (ouch!).

Thanks again for your help.

does your amp have an effects loop? if so, spray some contact cleaner on an instrument cable plug and work it in and out of the effects jacks several times. the loop's jacks are part of the circuit even if not used and can become dirty/corroded over time. Regular cleaning can remedy this. I had the same problem as you, and went through all kinds of grief before I figured it out. I use a short jumper cable in my effects loop when I don't use it and rotate the plugs before each use to clean the gunk off them.

My F30 was doing that. I replaced the cable it went away, then came back, then I replaced the footswitch. Fixed. working ever since.

Latest posts

Back