F 30 Reverb issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messyboo

Reaction score
Recently bought an F 30 and I am dissatisfied with the reverb on the clean channel.reverb sounds a little tinny and not as lush as I would prefer. Also after the amp has been on for an hour or so , the verb tends to weaken even more.

Is this normal for this amp? If it is, can I replace the reverb unit to get a better result? If it is not normal what could be the issue?

Don't count on me as an expert as I don't own one or even worked on one.

The reverb is op-amp driven, not tube driven and has a hi-Z input, so, a tube swap will not help.

You could try to get a replacement pan from Accutronics if you know the model number.

This I do know - you will never get the reverb to sound like a black face F*nder. If you need this, go to an outboard digital reverb pedal.

- Pat.

thanks ............i do use a boss reverb pedal thru the loop . i just know that there some boogies that have great verb , like the new 5/25 plus . killer reverb .

is there any thing that has been changed or up graded in the 5/25 plus . the reverb in the mesa 5/25 is some of the best reverb ive ever heard .

They went to a tube driven reverb. Probably has a totally diffent pan too. Two different animals for sure.

shytfayse said:
They went to a tube driven reverb. Probably has a totally diffent pan too. Two different animals for sure.
ya thats gotta be what they have done ..........the f 30 has 4 12ax7s and the 5/25 plus has 5 12ax7s , although im not crazy about the cab design and the tube protector .i think the very early 5/25s have the same cab as the f 30 but no eq .

Kinda late to the party here, but found this while trying to find answers to my F50 reverb problem. Same as what you posted...pretty weak and tinny. I love the F50 overall tonewise, but ****, some really piss poor reverb for having a full sized long tank!

so the verb on the f50 is not so good either ? is there any mods that can be done ?

over all my f 30 sounds great , i put new boogie el84s in the power sec and jjs in v1 and 2 and spax7s in 3 and 4 , it came with a celestion v 30 , i do like it how ever people tell me there even better speakers .any suggestions ?

Back