The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am 
Bottle Rocket

There is a huge difference in my eq controls between ch1 and ch2. Ch1 is fine. With 2, I have to go to extremes (high/low) on each pot to discern the difference. I do have a trusty MXR 10 band eq that I use in the loop of my amps. But I am referring to the amps ch2 eq controls. Is this the norm for the Ch2 eq? Any suggestions/input? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am 
Donating Member

The tone controls affect each other. If you have the treble turned down the other controls do very little. They also work strongly with gain. Check the manual, it's pretty helpful.

2x Recto 2x12 Vertical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:38 am 
Bottle Rocket

I just bought a used f-50, and I have the same problem. The amp sounds great on channel 1, but channel 2 sounds terrible. It's really bright. I can turn the tone controls and the amp pretty much sounds the same. I don't think this amp was designed to sound like this. My first amp came from Montgomery Wards in the late 70's. It was a low watt transistor amp, and it sounded better than the f-50 on channel 2. I changed all of the preamp tubes, but it made no difference. Channel 1 is one of the best clean and pedal friendly amps I've ever played through, so the amp is still usable for me, but it would be nice to get some use out of the lead channel.