New F-50 owner here with CH 2 eq question........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRAKD

Reaction score
There is a huge difference in my eq controls between ch1 and ch2. Ch1 is fine. With 2, I have to go to extremes (high/low) on each pot to discern the difference. I do have a trusty MXR 10 band eq that I use in the loop of my amps. But I am referring to the amps ch2 eq controls. Is this the norm for the Ch2 eq? Any suggestions/input? Thanks in advance.

The tone controls affect each other. If you have the treble turned down the other controls do very little. They also work strongly with gain. Check the manual, it's pretty helpful.

I just bought a used f-50, and I have the same problem. The amp sounds great on channel 1, but channel 2 sounds terrible. It's really bright. I can turn the tone controls and the amp pretty much sounds the same. I don't think this amp was designed to sound like this. My first amp came from Montgomery Wards in the late 70's. It was a low watt transistor amp, and it sounded better than the f-50 on channel 2. I changed all of the preamp tubes, but it made no difference. Channel 1 is one of the best clean and pedal friendly amps I've ever played through, so the amp is still usable for me, but it would be nice to get some use out of the lead channel.

Back