Need help getting a lead boost for F50 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRGplayer

Reaction score
So i recently picked up an F50. It's got a parallel FX loop and i'm used to dealing with serial.

I'm trying to use my MXR 6 band EQ as a volume boost for leads, which works great in my serial loop amps, but with it in the F50 loop, i basically can't tell the difference if it's on or off, even with the MXR EQ cranked fully and the loop level at max.\

Now, the contour switch is a nice boost but not quite enough in the volume dept, plus i'd like to use it for my main rhythm tone, so i'm really hoping to find a good external volume boost.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to accomplish this? I've heard of modding to a serial loop - will this give me what i'm looking for? If so, any links to the instructions?

Well, i just converted the loop to a serial loop and it did the trick, EQ works great now as a boost. Extra volume galore!

For anyone interested, here's the instructions...the ones i found were a bit vague on the viewpoint of left/right wires

looking down on the open head, with the knobs facing away from you, locate the three wires connected to the FX level pot lugs, 3 gray wires.

Left wire - (looking at back of pot from inside the amp, knob facing away from you) - Disconnect the left wire and tape it off, will not use

Middle wire - leave connected

Right wire - connect to the same lug as middle wire

So you'll have left and right lug with no wires, and two wires connected to middle lug. The left wire i taped up and secured to base of case for tidiness.

Latest posts

Back