F50 and digitech 2120 ?? To do or not to do.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peedenmark7

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this as short as I can :)

I'm toying with picking up Digitech RP2120... I had one about 7 years ago , and though I liked the features, it was a pain to control running straight into the front of a 70's marshall 50 watt master . I simply could not balance the patch volume to the dry signal. I'd kick a patch and the amp would get screaming loud no matter I did or how I set the patch volume within the parameter. It was also super noisy...
I spoke to the folks at digitech and they said that I'd always have problems using it with an amp with no effects loop... So I sold the digitech.

Fast forward, I have a few amps with effects loops today... Mesa f50's, Marshall Jubilees, and I've been kind of itching for a 2120 again.

The big question is... For as little as I use effects i the post 80's world, do I keep it simple and continue kicking vintage Boss stomp boxes[though a bit noisy] or do I venture back down the 2120 programmable path, now having an effects looped amp ?

With that said, will the fact that I have a looped amp make this a usable effect unit without the issues I had with 50 watt master Marshall ?

I like the idea of kicking patches, but I dont want to fall into some complicated trap again either...
Your thoughts would be appreciated :)

thanks !

Latest posts

Back