Handle for F-30 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwind

Reaction score
The handle on my F-30 combo, which appears in excellent shape, does not inspire my confidence. It feels like it's about to break. Dropping my amp (especially on my size 13s) does not appeal to me at all.

Does someone make a more secure feeling handle? Or am I worried for nothing? Mesa always builds them right, so maybe it's fine.

Thanks - Greg

At times, Mesa has used handles of, shall we say, varying quality. The one I've encountered most often (I'm looking at you, Maverick!) has a very soft rubber encasing a flexible metal strap. Unfortunately, the rubber is so soft that the metal strap slices through it, leaving you with the thin-edged reinforcing strap to deal with. Ouch!

Replacement amp handles are extremely common and should be easy to find at the local emporium or on the interwebs. If it looks like your handle, chances are it will be the same size. After all, these things have been around since at least Fender Blondes.

Thanks MrMark. As I suspected.

And Elvis - I do hope you're right.

Mine is real soft, like you say. It's still in great condition, no slice-through - but it doesn't inspire confidence.

If anyone knows of a simple replacement, clue me in. I checked some web sources and didn't find one that would screw into the same holes - they were usually an inch shorter. Or a completely different design, which may be my best option. But it's not an emergency, nor is the amp transported constantly.

Like this?
http://www.mojotone.com/store/Black-Plastic-Strap-Handle-with-Chrome-End-Caps-w-Hardware

Yep. If it's the right size. Mine measures 8.5 inches from screw center to screw center. I can ask the folks there, didn't see a measurement on it. I always though they were all the same size, guess not. Unless the 7.5-inch handles were measured differently.

Mine is also very soft rubber, and 8.5 inches from screw center to screw center. It seems pretty strong, though. On closer inspection, I can see why you doubt it's robustness. I like the leather handles much more. Perhaps you can retrofit with a different handle. The one on my Electradyne is very nice, but shorter and uses a 4-screw attachment.

Latest posts

Back