Tubesync (Bias Control) Fitted To F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidp99

Reaction score
I have a F-50 as my back up amp and An Electra Dyne as my main amp, in my opinion the Electra Dyne sounded much better than the F-50 until I fitted Tubesync, For those that don't know, Tubesync (Made by KBO Dynamics) sets the bias of the amp via pre programing the Tubesync board (mine is set at 34ma at the minute and no matter what valves are fitted including EL34's, KT88'S etc) it will always be at that bias setting, I have just fitted some winged Svetlana's 6L6's and wow what a tone! Also if a fault appears it shuts down the power section to prevent the circuit blowing up, a warning light tells you which valve is faulty, swap it with any make or model (doesn't have to be a matched pair) and away you go.

I now have a perfectly biased amp unlike most F-50's, which sounds amazing to which I can now choose which make or model of valve I want and the best thing is every time I turn on it sounds the same as the time before.

I have some electronic knowledge and fitted the unit myself, it wasn't to difficult, but there are amp techs who fit them. Orange are bringing out the Divo OV-4 plug and play system soon (which is tubesync, but not hard wired into the amp), I read about it in the Guitarist Magazine a few months back, tried to find it and got in touch with KBO

I've read a few posts about adjusting bias on this forum, but with this system you never have to bias again! I checked the bias with my bias probe and it's spot on 34ma on both valves!

Just an update on the Tubesync on the F-50, I gigged with the amp last night for the first time since the mod and what a sound!!! The amp sounded so much better than before it was so full and tight not at all flabby, the bass player asked if I would use this amp (instead of my Electra Dyne!!) at every gig, although I'll be fitting Tubesync in the Electra Dyne in the next few weeks.
I have had quite a few comments about my sound with the Electra Dyne, but this is the first time my band mates have commented, as well as members of the audience on my F-50!
This amp was my back up/rough places amp, now it has a new lease of life and I'll be using it so much more than I use to (it's so much lighter and smaller than the Electra Dyne!!!!!)

Tmuggie said:
Interesting....how much did you pay for that thing?

The unit cost around £90 and I fitted it myself, I fitted mine like in the photo in this link from the tubesync website. I took photos of my installation if someone wants them and I have a schematic of the power section, on which I sent to tubesync to comfirm I was soldering to the correct pins etc on the output valve board.

http://tubesync.co.uk/blog/amps-tubes-valves/tubesync-fitted-to-a-mesa-boogie-f-50

Back