Rocket 44 Reverb problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth55

Reaction score
Hi, first post here on the forum and also a first time Mesa owner. Over the weekend I picked up a used Rocket 44 and just love the tones I'm getting from it. I wasn't sure where to post on this but I figured that since the F series sort of took over for the subway/rockets, this is as close as I can get. Hopefully you can help me out with what I think is a minor issue with the amp.
I noticed that when I have the reverb engaged and I switch from the lead/contour channel to the rhythm channel, there is a distinct "reverb swell" that also results in a small volume swell. It lasts about a second or 2 after you switch the channel. The clean channel signal does not drop out but will get over-ridden slightly by the still distorted reverb signal that bleeds through. I do not get this with the reverb off and I do not get it going from clean to dirty (at least not that I can hear).
Any help or insight into whether something needs to be fixed or if it's something to just live with would be appreciated. I plan to give Mesa a call about it as well, but I've been busy with work so far this week.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back