New F-30 owner with Demo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt616

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a used F-30 combo (2004 model) and wanted to post my thoughts on the amp. This is my second Mesa as I bought a new 5:50 Express about 1.5 years ago. The F-30 has great cleans and a good over the top high gain with the contour on. The gain is much more controlable with the contour off but I like the amp regardless and use the contour a lot especially on leads. I still like my express 5:50 better as it is much more versatile but the F-30 really does the metal thing well and it has a nice lead tone to it. Overall the F-30 is def a keeper.

I made a quick demo video of me messing around to a Comfortably numb backing track through my PA system. I recorded this with my Flip ultra HD camera and the volume is at a gigable level (loud enough for a rock drummer). The only thing I do not care for about the video is in the second lead there was some microphonic noise getting through as my TU-3 boss tuner recently went microphonic on me. I did not know it at the time but found out after I replaced all the tubes and then started troubleshooting. It was not a tone killer but it was an annoyance as I had to be really careful and palm mute a lot to keep it from squealing on the high gain channel. The guitar is a carvin DC-127 with a floyd rose and I am using a Byjjang ch-8 chorus with a Boss DD-7 pedal and an ISP decimator noise gate in the loop. The only mod to the amp was modifying the effects loop from parallel to series. Anyway, the video link is below (playing could be better but I wanted to try and capture the tone of the F-30 in a playing situation and the video does this well.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=730Q9mnPRhA

1st solo has chorus and delay. 2nd solo has only delay.

Matt

Back