F 50 blowing fuses

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fern

Reaction score
My F 50 Keeps blowing fuses. It will work fine for about two sets and then the fuse will blow. I replace the fuse and will work fine again. It has done this on three consecutive gigs. Anyone have any insight to this?

FE

It's probably (and hopefully) a faulty output tube. If something inside the amp was shorted the fuse would likely blow instantly every time. I'm assuming that your speaker and/or cable is good as the speaker does not pop, crackle or cut out all together before the fuse blows, right? Try this: replace the 2a slow-blo fuse (make sure it is a slow-blo and not a fast acting) turn on the power and then the stand-by and firmly tap on the output tubes with your finger. If you see a lightning storm, and a terrible sound from the speaker, and the fuse blows again then you know which tube is shot. If you transport and gig the amp a lot sometimes the elements will rattle loose. Hope you find it. - Pat.

thanks , replaced the fuse with a slow blow fuse and replaced two tubes. I used aftermarket 6L6 s. and this has worked so far. The tubes that were replaced ( Mesa Tubes ) weren't that old, but I guess they were at their limit. thanks once again.

Latest posts

Back