Will a Digitech RP1000 work 100% with a F-30 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Digitech RP1000 with a F-30 combo? I'm curious if I have to change the effects loop from parallel to series to make it work 100%.The Digitech RP1000 seems like the best multi-effects unit I can afford right now that can store multiple effects on one button.I called someone from Digitech and they said that only the Digitech GSP1101 would work with a parallel effects loop.I really don't have the money for that and the footswitch too.Any advice?

Depends on what you want from the pedal board...

If you want time effects maybe. Still you can try to "simulate" a serial loop with the full mix control from the back and pass almost all of the sound to the RP.

Another reason for not working would be impedance mismatch and level mismatch. And digitech does not have info on the f-30.

Also if you play live and you want to use delay in very high volumes the EL84 power section of the f-30 may make matters worse because it will add distortion and woulb be kind of putting ...delay before distortion!

The only way to see if it works is to try and this is not easy if you don't have the unit.

You could disengage the f-30 preamp (by plugging a patch cable in the send jack on the back) and use the RP as a preamp. Which is ok and you will have multiple sounds. This way you re not getting the f-30 sound :( The rp1000 has a "my amp" loop to reengage your amps preamp but the loop is parallel and I don't know if it will work.

A really cool guy here said that the parallel loop of the f-series works pretty much close to full mix in high volumes (enough to use post eq for example). Maybe try some pedals instead of the RP?

Do you want its distortion?

No I definitely don't want to use the Digitech RP1000 distortion.I believe the best distortion comes from a good tube amp(Mesa) :mrgreen: .I ended up getting a TC Electronic Nova System and I changed the effects loop on the F-30 to a series loop.So far it works fine.I have'nt had a lot of time to tinker with the new toy yet.I think I bought the best multi-effects unit for my needs.Now I just need a wah pedal and I think i'm done(for now)LOL!I'm going to try connecting the midi footswitch cable that goes to the F-30 footswitch to the TC Electronic Nova System.It has 3 midi ports on the back.It would be nice to be able to control the F-30 channel switching with the Nova System.Thanks for the reply!

Rock on!

Latest posts

Back