F50 Reverb problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonwhite73

Reaction score
Hello chaps!

The reverb seems to have 'stopped working' on my F50... just wondering if any of you guys have had the same or similar problem? If I shake the reverb unit you can hear the sound of the springs moving through the speaker but it's very faint.... I've checked the connection plugs are the correct way round,

Thanks!
Leon :eek:)

Is the reverb tube driven on that amp? try swapping some tubes.

It is solid state!

In my f-30 the reverb works at home (pretty good actually) but is really weak for live band use. Where did you try it?
Also if you use the fx mix as a master volume with the known loop trick I find that it diminishes the reverb effect a lot. Maybe try it with nothing in the loop at home? It really needs noon and above settings to really hear its effect.

Finally check the connection at the back of the amp. It has cables going from the reverb to the amp. Or maybe a spring popped loose (you need to disconnect the reverb and open it I think).

Finallly mkIIC+ the footswitch may have been the problem. If its reverv switch has gone south then it may have left it at off. You could try another footswitch!

Hi Chaps,

Thanks very much for your replys - I think this may be a circuit board related or a wire problem tho, I may have to get it checked over by the service guys.
The reason I'm thinking this is I swithed the amp on yesterday and the Reverb was working - switched it on today and it's not working again!

Leon.

Back