F50 COMBO WITH STRAT - OVERDRIVE SOUND , HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombywoof

Reaction score
Hi
My settings are the Modern Rock Tone from the reccomedations on this site and its great for some tunes but when your giging and want to go for a subtle single coil overdive and turn the gain down it loses tone.
The question, does anyone have a setting that when in a gig situation you can go from decent overdrive to just a little bite by just adjusting one knobe (the gain) and not the whole set up.
Many thanks
Wayne

My experience has been that with tone settings I like, I can change just the gain and it works fine. If that doesn't work for you, set your amp up for the lighter gain setting, and use an OD808 to get heavier drive when you need it.

I use a BB-Preamp with my F-30 and Strat on the clean channel. It is kind of like a Tube Screamer on steroids, but any light overdrive really shines with this series. You can go from clean, semi dirty, rhy.1 and lead.

I use a danelectro cool cat drive which is supposed to be like an OCD. It certainly is not like a tubescreamer but more like an enhacer of the guitar. It makes a single coil stratier and ballsier.

Also when put through the clean channel, not as an overdrive but as distortion it manages (not though high gain on its own) to mimick the gain channel to great extent also adding another set of tone controls before the amp!!! Bottom line it matches the amp perfectly. Its price is the final joke. 15 euros used (about 20$).

Have you tried turning down the guitar's volume control for your clean and dirty sounds and cranking it up for more gain? My 5:50 respondes wlll to this. I bout you F-50 would as well.

Latest posts

Back