Speaker Swap in an F-50?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably useless to you but:

Most people seem to like the C90 vs. other alternatives. I always wanted to try a V30 in mine, but never did. I did try it into some external cabs with various designs and speakers, but the stock one sounded as good as any.

elvis said:
This is probably useless to you but:

Most people seem to like the C90 vs. other alternatives. I always wanted to try a V30 in mine, but never did. I did try it into some external cabs with various designs and speakers, but the stock one sounded as good as any.

I agree. I actually swapped out the V30 in my F-30 for a C90 when I had it. The C90 in the F-50 is a great speaker. The only one better from the Mesa offerings is the EVM-12L.

cool, thanks for the replies. Like I said, it was a curiosity question more than anything.

This made me think of something...
I read a thread last night about running two heads through a 4/12 cabinet. Some people seem ti like it.
Has anybody ran two different speakers brands through a 2/12 combo?
I have a couple of old peavy scorpion plus speakers. Two baskets,4&8 ohm and one magnet.... Can't remember the wattage though.... I'll have to dig them out.

I ran a 4x12 with 2 G12T-75 and 2 V30s and it sounded great.

If you're going to do that, you should at least match the impedance. If you run an 8 Ohm in parallel with a 4 Ohm speaker, the 4 Ohm will run at twice the power of the 8. If you're driving each with a separate power amp as part of a stereo setup, the impedance match is less important.

I have swapped my MC90 for a celestion gold it sounds amazing it makes the mc90 sound so sterile at house volume.
in fact i like it so much i have built an ext cab with a celestion gold in it as well.
i play blues, classic rock and pink floyd covers.
andy

Back