F50 tone controls not working.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scandoslav

Reaction score
My new used f50 isn't responding to the channel 2 tone controls. The gain, reverb, and master knobs all work, but not the treble, mid, or bass. Channel 1's controls function perfectly. The profile I'm getting from Channel 2 sounds suspiciously like Channel 1 with the mids dimed and zero treble or bass. The (channel 2) mid knob offers no resistance to turning, but stops at the right places. It's bit loose (can be gently pulled away from the face of the amp a bit, maybe a few mm). When it is pulled out a bit the sound cuts out altogether.

Clearly there's something wrong with the channel 2 mid pot, but why would the treble and bass be affected as well?

Is swapping an amp pot equivalent to swapping a guitar pot? I've never had to fiddle with an amp before.

Swapping an amp pot is exactly like swapping a guitar pot. Make sure you get the right value, taper, and shaft diameter. If the pot is broken, it can affect the bass and treble because it can shunt all frequencies to ground via the case.

It may not be the whole problem, but I would fix that before looking for other issues.

Latest posts

Back