f100 or blackface princeton

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansc88

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a f100 in basically perfect condition and I can trade it for a 1966 fender blackface princeton reverb the real thing not a reissue what do you guys think?

If you want a really cool amp to decorate your studio the Fender is the way to go. The Fender sounds cool - nice cleans at low volume, nice bluesy breakup when its pushed, Nice burn when fully cranked. Probably fun to record with but...

The F-100 will kick it's sparkly little *** and wipe the floor with it in nearly every other category. :twisted: No gain, No loop, no footswitch, no clean headroom, No channel switching and the list goes on....

Unless your F-100 is just an extra amp you have laying around, and you are looking for a collectors piece (and there's nothing wrong with that) I wouldn't even think about it.

...then again you could flip it and make enough dough to pick up a new Mesa Boogie :D

If the Fender is really what it claims to be, then it will only go up in value. If you haven't owned an amp like that, I think you'll kick yourself if you don't try it out, and if you hold it for a couple years and the economy improves, a collector will likely give you pretty big bucks for it. Make sure the trannys and speaker are original, no chassis mods, etc.

I had a '65 Deluxe Reverb for 25 years, and finally sold it when I admitted that it collected dust while I was wearing out my F50. I'm glad I owned it, though. Real nice amp. I played a G&L ASAT classic thru it for a long time, and I think that was a very cool combination.

You can get an F50 or F100 any day of the week. Not that they aren't awesome, just that you can replace them.

Thank you both for your opinions I talked to the guy and the history of the amp alone was enough to trade the mesa the thing is in phenominal condition and was owned by a pitcher for the Detroit tigers

You're welcome. I just checked eBay and it looks like '65 and '66 Princeton reverbs have gone for $1500, later ones for about $1000. Seems like a fair trade.

Back