Cant turn contour off with foot switch?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyp

Reaction score
All of the sudden I cant get my F-50 to switch off of contour mode. Channel select works fine. I guess the first thing to check out is the switch itself. Anyone ever have a problem like this where it wasn't the switch?

Could be a bad solder joint or pin in the amp's receiver jack. Can you switch on contour with the front panel switch? That would rule out circuit problems.

I'm pretty sure I can switch back and forth with the amp switch but I'll have to see for sure. Might be a few day's before I can check. Thanks.

It can be switched off contour with the front panel switch. I put a call in to Mesa but haven't got a return call yet.

The footswitch is in paralel with the front panel switch. If the front panel switch is on contour, the pedal cannot change the contour setting. The front panel swicth should be in the middle position.

If the front panel switch is in the right position, then the pedal switch wpuld have to be stuck on contour, either because of a bad switch, bad cable or bad connector. When you checked continuity with your meter, did you check pin to pin? You should check if any pin is shorted to any other pin.

Yes the switch is in the middle position when trying to switch out of contour. I did check the cable pin to pin, I'll have to see if any are shorted. I guess one of them could be shorted to ground also. When I took the pedal apart to check the switch, I compared it to the channel switch as far as which poles had continuity in each position. They were the same so I'm assuming the pedal switch is ok. Isn't there a switch in the amp also that could be bad?

I picked up a 5 pin din cable at the shack and that didn't help. I'm gonna be jammin with a guy that has an f100, I'll try his pedal and see what happens. :roll:

The footswitch (and the front panel switch) control internal FET switches. I think those must be OK because the front panel switch works OK. If it's not the cable, that leaves the footswitch and the connectors (both at the amp end and the footswitch end). Bummer that it's been this difficult to diagnose. Trying your friend's switch should be a big help.

Well it figure's. Two days before being able to try out the other guys footswitch/cable, it started working fine. Worked perfectly all last night also. Just have to wait and see.

Back