Whats protecting your valves?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKBoogieboy

Reaction score
Hi, I have got an F50, its an early non badge version but its got a mesh protector on the back, its difficult to get things in and out of the back of the amp and my dad cut his hand on it because its very sharp.
I have seen f50's with a metal bar across the back instead which I think is better, why have some got mesh and some a bar, can I get a bar from somewhere?

I had the bar on mine. I would guess that Mesa recognized the mesh was a problem and changed it. I would call Mesa - I am sure they wil sell you a bar to replace your mesh.

i have a 2003 non badged f50 with the bar.
my friend has a later badged f50 with the mesh.
i thought the badged and mesh were the later vision?

Aren't amps for the US and European markets different in this regard.

Maybe mine had the mc90 celestion blackshadow but it was made by celestion international not celestion uk

Just some more info
My 2003 f50 non badge and no grill has Mesa str 430 6l6's (Russian) and a celestion international mc90.
My friends newer f50 has the badge the grill Mesa str 440 6l6's (chiniese) and a celestion uk mc90.
So IMO mine has beter output tubes and my friends has a better speaker.
Your comments please
Cheers andy

more info - I'm not sure what year mine is, but is has both the grill badge and the metal bar protecting the tubes - USA owner. It's also a red alligator skin covered and whicker grill amp - i'm guessing that was custom ordered by the original owner.

Back