F-series contour mode, need mid boost instead of scooped V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxloop

Reaction score
I'm pretty good at making resistor/cap changes, i was wondering if any of you guys knew which changes to make to alter the eq curve of the boost/contour mode. I'm more interested in flat eq or even boosted mids versus the scooped metal sound. :? Everything else about the F50 i love!

Tim
[email protected]

+1.

According to the schematic, the graphic EQ (It's not called contour in the schematic) drives the FX loop send directly. So the FX loop is exactly the right place for an external EQ. A couple of GE-7s there would give you tremendous flexibility.

I find it the scooped setting very usefull live regarding that it is already mid heavy, the f-series.

I would also think that, the best mod for the f-series would be

1) a pressence pot...again, the contour mode also alters pressence but prefixed...
2) a push-pull parallel to series pot for the loop. I find the trick of engaging and driving the tube buffered loop to be very staisfying in low volumes but I would like to have the option of a series loop.
3) If I 'd put an eq pedal in the loop I would probably use it in the first gain channel. Just to mimic the effect the graphic eq has in the regular mark amps, dc's etc. All in all in the contour mode you already have a GEC but what works is personal and many people use the mxr 10 band in the contour mode with great success. I never understood how it works with the parallel loop without muddying up the sound. I find that it does. Hence the need for the serial/parallel mod.

Did anyone every find out about changing the contour eq shap to a mid boost it would be great for blues?

Back