Mesa F-50 "Mod" jumper for effects loop, Master/Volume thing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickc007

Reaction score
Remember reading a while back, someone had a mod of sorts to allow
more use of the Master on an F-50

I play at home, and with the Gain dimed (which is where it should be :)
on channel 2, I can barely move the Master before it's too loud

Someone posted a pic, of like soldering a short across 2 jacks, and
sticking them in the effects loop, then using that as a volume contral sort of
and you can get use the Master more

Can't find that pic anywhere

Anyone have, or remember this mod

Thanks

I don't own an F Series amp any longer, and never got 'round to trying this with my F-30 before I sold it... but I think this is what you're looking for:

hal9000F-SeriesMixPotMasterRevB.jpg

It does work fine, I use it permanently on my F50, allows me to put my masters between 10:00 and 12:00 and still have frendly contacts with my neighbours... or stil have bandmates in my band :D

See also my last post on the parent page.

Cheers
Fabien

I love this tip, what a difference maker! ...ran it in my f-100 1/2 stack [until sold] and find it to invaluable when running my f-50 !!!

I just did this mod and it seems to work ok but I am not really sure what is going on circuit wise. I got to wondering though....about the v3 tube. Does it come into play all the time or is only relevant when you are using the effects loop. I am thinking that this mod could open up another door to tube selection.
Anyone have any knowledge in this area?
I am wondering how much the mix pot in the back of the amp comes into play here.... as far as......Does it determine the amount of v3 that is thrown into the mix??
I seem to be getting a fair amount of tonal difference depending on which knob is set where..... Master pot compaired to loop pot.

The F-series loop is split out directly from the main signal path. There is not a separate drive or buffer circuit for the loop.

The path is V2-Tone-V1-V3a-Master-EQ-FXLoop-V3b-PowerAmp

The EQ is solid-state. Whether you drive the Master or the Loop, you should hear about the same result unless you saturate the EQ.

THIS SHOULD BE AN AUTOMATIC ON ANY F AMP!I JUST PLUGGED SEPERATE JACKS( SOLDERING THE TIP LUG TO THE SLEEVE ON ONE JACK)INTO THE EFFECTS LOOP,WHALA,INSTANT MASTER VOLUME FOR BOTH CHANNELS.I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE.REALLY OPENED THE AMP UP.THANKS FOR PASSING ALONG THE INFO...I WONDER IF PUTTING A VOLUME PEDAL IN THE LOOP WOULD BE MORE CONVENIENT,THEN YOU COULD PUT THAT MASTER ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF YOU(WOULDN'T HAVE TO REACH BEHIND THE AMP)!

I burned my fingers ruining a perfectly good patch cable, but it was worth it for the extra control I get over the volume with this little trick.

Many thanks, Jimmy8!

Latest posts

Back