speaker attenuator for f100 head? suggestions please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peedenmark7

Reaction score
hi guys, well i finally have my F-100 sitting on a correct mesa traditional cab. I love this amp but its WAY loud.. I find I can barely open 'er up past 1-2 without it becoming too much. I knew this going in, but now am living it.
I am looking for a good speaker attenuator that doesnt color.
any suggestions as I would really like to let the valves breath at a normal volume.

thanks !

I liked my old Z Airbrake, which was real simple and retro looking. THD's are rock solid and have some cool features as well as Webber Mass which uses a speaker motor as well as resistors to tame the volume. They all color the tone, how bad it is depends on how much attenuation is being used.

thanks for the tip :)

color can be good at times, but thats usually the problem, everything seems to color tone in some way shape or form. since picking up my f-50 rig I am likely going to let go of the 100 rig.. just dont need 2 of them .

color can be good at times, but thats usually the problem, everything seems to color tone in some way shape or form. since picking up my f-50 rig I am likely going to let go of the 100 rig.. just dont need 2 of them .

Did you try a volume pedal through the loop? I know it is not the same as power amp distortion but you may be surprised...Actually I prefer it to an attenuator.

Back