F-50 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordv8r

Reaction score
Alright so the styles of music I play are mostly progressive rock/reggae, like Incubus, 311, Radiohead, some old school Led Zeppelin, and the occasional Metallica, and I was just wondering if I would be able to get some of these tones out of this amp because there was a craigslist ad for one in my area and the guy only wants like 300-400 for the combo. I heard good things about the clean channel and stuff, so I was wondering what you guys thought. Also there is a Mesa DC-2 combo in my area for around 475 and I was wondering what your input on that was.

I was originally going to buy a Road King for everyones tones, but I've decided they are way out of my price range. So I was hoping that the F-50 combo would have enough crunch in the distortion to push out some of the things I play. I'd love to test one, but I'd rather not drive like 60 miles to test them. Thanks for the help guys.

That sounds like a great price. I've just been shopping for DC's and/or F Series amps over the past couple of months. I picked up a DC-3 in the same price range last week. The amp was in great shape, new Celestion v-30 and new jj power tubes, but the shell was a little road worn. The best I've seen on a 50w combo is an F-50 head for $500 and DC-5 combo for around $600-650

As far as the sound. The DC can do anything on your list with ease NO lack of gain here. I assume the F's are farily similar in ability although you get a "Contour" switch on the F vs. a full G-EQ on the DC-3/5/10 (not the 2).

Alright I actually have decided to maybe try and get my hands on a Single Rectifier Solo head at like 50 watts, but we will see what happens. I know that the Rectifiers have the distortion I want but do they have the cleans I need? Thanks in advance guys.

The recto can get clean, but not like the F50 or the DC. I would get the F50, and a couple of good distortion pedals.

Back