Volume and gain pots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetcan

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the pots on channel 2 to get more control at lower volumes. The way it works right now is that it goes from "off" to bags of volume and gain in a very small range of rotation on the two knobs. Just wondering if changing to audio taper pots would help? I have an F30 btw.

I have a f30 as well and I kind of solved the problem by putting the mix know on the loop to about 9:00.

No point because the F50 is so quiet with both the gain and master at halfway its about bedroom level isn't it.

UKBoogieboy said:
No point because the F50 is so quiet with both the gain and master at halfway its about bedroom level isn't it.

You might have a hearing issue bro. Mine will just about make your ears bleed at those settings, especially in a bedroom.

Sorry!!!!!! On channel 2, yes BLASTING!!!!!! Its very loud when just on, they must use a linear pot to trick people like Fender do, "wow this amps really loud and its only just on" little do they know that turning the knob on from there does almost nothing, lol. :D

BUT Channel 1 IS really quiet!
Its the same with the express 5.50, the clean is really quiet, the burn is blasting. With the mid off on the express clean channel and the gain and master halfway it really is hardly bedroom level. If you use a pick with the pickups up high it might be ok, but fingerpicking with the pickups down low you get low volume on channel 1.

Latest posts

Back