Looking at an F-100 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
hey im new here! i dont have a boogie as of yet but i like what i have been hearing/reading. i currently have a marshall dsl401 and im thinking of trading it for an f-100 head to use with a marshall avt 4x12. im going for a john petrucci/nuno bettencourt/grindstone (if anyone even knows of that band) kind of sound. does this sound like a good trade and you think ill enjoy the sound?

yo trade it quick the f series are some sweet amps alot of versitility in there

I think that you will be quite pleased with the F100. Straight up no frills solid rock and metal machine. It is quite different that the Marshall in that you will have to spend some time turning the dials to un cork the sounds you are looking for but it is well worth it!

I think you'll like it, I was so enamored with a bronco orange and whicker F-100 half stack 2 years ago that I kept coming back to try it out, I think 3 times in all.. gmps, old charvels, teles. they all sounded nice through the amp . I was really a marshall jub, jmp snob...
so I balked becuase it was so different...

when I finally decided I had to have it , thus calling the store it was at and being told it was gone for about 6 months I was sick.
I looked all over town for it...willing to throw stupid money at whomever bought it.
no luck... I am still trying to pull my foot from my a$$ for not buying it. the orange was so cool with the fancy grill treatment.

about a month ago, I happened upon a mint and I mean mint f100 head with cover and ALL of the tags still on it , all the paperwork in the plastic folder... the footswitch and cables still in the original carrying case. next to no time on it !

its a plain jane black taurus and black jute grill but its condition deemed I buy it , and it sounds fabulous through my v30 jubilee cabs.... so after roughly 30 years of looking and touching I own a boogie amp... I really like it !

now I need to find a traditional slant cab with v30's, maybe with side armour to dress up the black look and I am on my way.

so if you have an f100 in your sites dont hesitate... it will make even the snobbiest of old school marshall fans smile some :)

Back