FWIW Ace Power Amp Surprise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarebitusa

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Well I shouldn't be surprised really...

First a confession, I have a thing for swapping around preamps to power amps, kinda like a NAD when cables get moved around. Typically like to use the V:90's power amp because of the number of options it has. Now I've been really enjoying this Ace since picking it up, dig the brightness and upper freq saturation level... but yea, gotta crank down the Treb/Pres, roll up the bass, run a GEQ in the loop and use some different speaker combos.

Well finally got around to running the IIC+ preamp into the Ace's power section.

Wow now this is something, the IIC+ midrange honk with typical GEQ scoop is layered with that el34 upper end Marshall like sizzle... the lead chan on this HR C, even with a GEQ in the loop can be very mid range focused and compressed, but this pairing with the Ace really opens it up. Even with the Ace's v30 which I personally don't think is the best choice for the Ace, works well. Another good reason to really like this guy 8)

Latest posts

Back