Finally got a Deuce II !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I’ve been through more than my fair share of amps, upwards of 70 last I checked. I’m into the modded Marshall tones more than anything and I’ve always said that the next “too good to be true” priced Stiletto I see, I’d jump on it. Then I saw a Deuce II for $700 CDN.

I’ve been in love ever since I got home, it’s amazing having an amp this versatile, where all the modes are usable. I’ve owned several multi channel amps, like the Fryette Sig X and Marshall JVM, Mesa Mark V, but this Stiletto really takes the cake.

The tones are excellent, with that incredible midrange bark that i love. It works with all my guitars; Les Paul to Explorer to Tele. I’m really blown away by just how heavy / tight it gets without a boost needed.

I’ve been running it with a Marshall 1960b and they work really well together. For all the naysayers out there for this amp, I’m at a loss to how under appreciated it is.

It's an awesome amp for sure. It sounds incredible in a stereo rig with my Roadster!

It's an awesome amp for sure. It sounds incredible in a stereo rig with my Roadster! I know I love mine and can't believe these aren't more popular.

I was really looking for a Ace head, as I love the Plexi style headshell. I'm now convinced that if I see another, then I'm definitely grabbing it. Switching between the channel 1 'Fat Clean' and channel 2 'Fluid' modes is so satisfying. I seriously cannot believe it's straight guitar to amp with this tone.

One thing that has made me laugh though, the Stiletto has 'Fluid' mode and the Mark V has 'Extreme' mode, and it's like they got their names mixed up. The Mark V's 'Extreme' mode is REALLY Fluid, and I find the opposite with the Stiletto's 'Fluid' mode.

I also had the stage I deuce about an year ago. I swapped it pretty quickly (bought it with family’s money - not the personal toy money).

Fast forward to this year and replaced Mark V with Deuce II. I think I’m happier with the stiletto :shock: of course there are things I miss in Mark V but (ch1 and ch3) but the stiletto’s fluid drive has some serious touch sensitivity and clarity in it. Adding some graphic eq to loop would make already versatile amp to completely tweakable tone platform.

Only gripe I have with the stiletto is that it has only two channels :lol: cannot decide do I keep the ch1 in fat clean or in crunch mode :| (real problem...) maybe I should add bogner blue drive box to arsenal...

Rock on!

The Stiletto is an amazing amp that would be perfect if it had two clean and dirty channels with reverb like the Roadster.

Oh yeah, if the Stiletto was 3 channel, it might be cooler, but I wouldn't know how to split the modes up.

Ch 1 - Fat Clean, Tite Clean, Ch 2 - Crunch, Ch 3 - Tite Gain, Fluid Gain (?)

Regardless, that's never going to happen. Haha

On that note though, I must talk about how amazing the Crunch Mode is. Having owned several 2203's, it sounds so good it's ridiculous. I had one of my old students over the other day and he played the Crunch Mode + MXR ZW44 and all he could say was "Wow!". It's dynamics and tone are as good as any 2203 I've ever owned. I also love how it's on both channels, that's a great feature that on this particular model.

Latest posts

Back