Stiletto Ace and Deuce , how useable is the volume for smaller gigs??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
I'm downsizing from JCM800's as although i love that sound, they're just too powerful.

I briefly owned a deuce a while ago, but not long enough to really test it out.

I've got the option to buy back my old deuce stage 1 rig, and I've also got a lead on a ace stage 2 head.

My question is, how usable is the volume on these amps?? My JCM800's only started to "work" when they got above 2 on the volume, which is too loud for a lot of places, I wondered if the stiletto was the same or if the volume was usuable for home as well as through to small or larger gigs.

In my experience, my Deuce II was pretty useless in a home/quiet environment. It needed to be cranked to deliver the goods.

I'm using my Ace quite a bit at home. I have to get it up a bit too loud at home to really open it up, but I'd call it small-gig friendly. Between the gain and modes, you should be able to get giggable dynamics.

With the Spongy variac and tube rectifiers, you can definitely get some great sounds for smaller gigs.

ALSO, when the effects loop is not bypassed, you can actually use the Send control as a kind of "second" master volume, as it is always in the circuit. So you can get a bunch more preamp tube saturation if you want.

Latest posts

Back