NAD ACE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
After all these years I finally figured out what I like for tone, and the ACE kills it. It really is a super JCM800. A bit of shriek through the combo cab, but unbelievable through my recto vertical 2x12.

The first time I tried this amp I HATED it. Didn't know what I really needed or how to dial an amp.

It sits beautifully alongside my Archon, Mini Rec and Einstein. All complementary.

I had been using a DSL40C. That amp cuts through anything and has a lovely grainy tone. The Stiletto gets there, but even better, plus louder. The 40c barely makes it for band level on stage. I also love crunch and fluid, though I'd be happy if it just had tite gain.

Heavy, though. Hurt my back unboxing it...

Thanks!

Loving this more and more as I get it dialed and add effects. Using the modes on channel 2 quite a bit. Might look into footswitching between ch2 modes the way I have my Einstein modded to footswitch through the ch1 modes. They are all useable with the same settings.

Amazing that this amp didn't go bigger.

I can only assume your Trident was AWESOME. Hope you got something cool when you sold it.

Sounds like it is working for you.
The amp has really great cleans. Some of the best I have heard on a Mesa. I remember turning back the treble and presence. The amp really cuts.
I have a few amps around so if I buy or sell I'm not replacing anything. I sold it to my friend became he needed a good amp.

Latest posts

Back