Stiletto ACE fx loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmith4432

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the board, I have looked on here for years but just joined today. I have owned quite a few boogies, currently I only own the 50 watt 2x12 Stiletto ace. I have rarely used FX loops because I basically use reverb and some overdrive pedals, sometimes a clean boost and most amps I have owned have had reverb on board, Electradyne, and LSS more recently. However, obviously the SA does not. I have been using it for reverb and delay and now it won't work. I put the pedals through the loop and nothing, no volume, no sound. I bypass the loop and it cranks just like nothing is wrong. Anybody know what could be gong on?

Hey there! Try this: Use some contact cleaner (e.g., Deoxit D5), spray a 1/4 cable and push it in/out of the send and return jacks on the amp a dozen times or so. You can spray as much as you want - it shouldn't hurt anything. Let it sit overnight with the cable in.
Both my Ace's (combo and head) had this issue and this fixed it. The switch in the return jack (or maybe the send jack, not completely sure which is why I did this for both) can oxidize over time if not used much or at all. This procedure cleans that switch and lets the engage/bypass function properly.
Can't hurt. Please tell us if it worked :)

Do you have the output knob turned down? It's the bottom right knob on the front. The knob on back next to the loop is send level. The output knob on front is return level. Noon on both is unity gain. I thought the loop on mine was broken when I first got it cause Output was turned down.

Heph333 said:
Do you have the output knob turned down? It's the bottom right knob on the front. The knob on back next to the loop is send level. The output knob on front is return level. Noon on both is unity gain. I thought the loop on mine was broken when I first got it cause Output was turned down.
I had this same problem with a Tremoverb combo. The way the Mesa effects loop is designed, the SEND control is always in the signal path, whether you have anything in the loop or not. It was turned all the way down on the Combo, so I thought something was borked.

It seems like most of the mesa amps that have the "bypass loop" control work this way.

Back