Is there such a thing as a Stiletto Trident Stage II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
I've yet to see a Trident with a II over the input jack, and can't seem to find this answer searching around.. Does it exist?

If not, how does the Trident's gain structure compare to a Deuce Stage II? I like the more modern gain sound as oppsed to the vintage sound.

Yes, I own one. I also own a Deuce stage II.

They sound the same, at the volume I play at.

The only difference is Trident has a fan in is from Mesa, the Deuce does not

Ok thanks. Does the Trident Stage II also have the II over the input jack, or is there some other way to tell?

I have a Stage I Trident. I've never played through a Stage II, but from what I gather (here in this forum), the II is more like a modded JCM800 and the I is more like a modded Plexi ?

This post is almost a year old..... :roll:

I was considering a trade, for my Trident, and got a chance to play it against a Splawn QuickRod. I was surprised at the differences.

The Mesa was easier to get good tones at a lower volume than the QR.

The QR sounded more Like a Marshall, but didn't quite have the versatility that the Stiletto had.

The Cleans on the Mesa were much better.

The QR cleaned up pretty well, from the guitar volume.

I offered the trade if the guy would replace the power tubes, he declined.

Is there a serial number range when Mesa switched to the series 2 Trident? Most internet pictures suck and you can't tell if a Trident is a series 1 or 2.

Back