speaker suggestions for mesa stiletto ace

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalluk

Reaction score
i just picked up this up from ebay a few weeks ago,
attachment.php

someone turned the combo into a heas versio , got a killer deal for it.

first thing i did was swap out the preamp tubes to tungsol, jj, penta, penta and sovtek lps which really brought the amp to life.

now i just gotta figure out my cab situation.

speaker suggestions for mesa stiletto ace?
I play a mix between alternative and modern rock. I play 75/25 ratio dirty to clean. I wanna replace the speakers in my 212 cab which are currently eminence legends. the cab is front loaded if that makes a difference.

the amp only has 4 & 8 ohm outputs. cab is currently rated 8 ohms.

first question, should i go for two 8 ohms for a 4 ohm load or two 16 ohm for an 8 ohm load? how much of a difference will that make?

second question is since my amp is picky on speakers what would you suggest? first thought was a mix of vintage 30 and a g12h30. open to other siggestions such as full set of v30s or c90s or whatever.

The Black Shadow V30's are very nice once broken in, stock are a bit sharper... designed for Mesa to be a bit warmer i believe, I love them. I also prefer a 2x12 cab over the 4x12 deal, more punch and tighter lows, I will be loading a 2nd cab with something that wont break up soon, its been a nightmare finding this match... i gave up a while back, this is to get big cleans with no speaker breakup.

I've tried it the head version with cabs with V30s, 12-75Ts, 12Ms, and even the anniversary Celestions. They all work great. Would end up down to your personal preference

Latest posts

Back