Just picked up a stiletto deuce have a ohm question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkAndy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up a stage II deuce and I'm super stoked on it. I think it will pair up with my dual rec real nice. Currently for my cab I have an orange ppc212 it's a 16 ohm cab. From reading the manual it says that plugging into the 8 ohm jack is a safe mismatch however what happens if I want to run one channel in 50 watt mode? Is that safe to do? I recall reading with my dual rec that if I wanted to pull two tubes that you're supposed to half the ohms. Like plug the 16 into 8. Is this right? So that makes it safe? I'm kind of new at worrying about resistance all the cabs I've always just had 8ohm cabs so it was real easy to figure out what goes where.

Also are any of you guys running an effects processor in 4 cable method with your stiletto? If so what and how are you finding it?

Thanks for taking the time folks.

DarkAndy said:
Hey guys,

I just picked up a stage II deuce and I'm super stoked on it. I think it will pair up with my dual rec real nice. Currently for my cab I have an orange ppc212 it's a 16 ohm cab. From reading the manual it says that plugging into the 8 ohm jack is a safe mismatch however what happens if I want to run one channel in 50 watt mode? Is that safe to do? I recall reading with my dual rec that if I wanted to pull two tubes that you're supposed to half the ohms. Like plug the 16 into 8. Is this right? So that makes it safe? I'm kind of new at worrying about resistance all the cabs I've always just had 8ohm cabs so it was real easy to figure out what goes where.

Also are any of you guys running an effects processor in 4 cable method with your stiletto? If so what and how are you finding it?

Thanks for taking the time folks.

They redisgned the trannies that it can handle the mismatch off by one, so you will be fine. This is taken from MEsa manual

NOTE: When using the POWER SELECT switch in the 50 watt mode, try experimenting with the 4
Ohm SPEAKER OUTPUT. This selection creates a “more proper” impedance match and imparts a
slightly brighter, snappier voice. This is not critical to performance as the Stiletto is not overly sensitive to impedance, but you may
prefer this EQ characteristic.

No problem, remember it is always safe to go smaller into larger, example 4 ohm tap from amp into 8 ohm cab. Honestly with any amp you can do a the reverse of larger into smaller and all it is going to do is wear your power tubes out quicker.

Back