EL-34 tube in my Stiletto Trident Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TStone2

Reaction score
Hi-
My former user name was TTSTWO. < For some reason I was not able to reset my password and my user name was not attached to my email address, anyway, not the reason I'm here.

I have a Stiletto Triden Stage 1 I purchased back in 2009. Only really crank it on the weekends for a couple of hours per night so I'm not burnig through tubes like some of you folks that gig a lot.

I make a habit of powering it up while I'm standing behind it to watch the tubes light up. Well, Saturday night I didn't and proceeded to play for a 1/2 hour or so. Later, I noticed that one of the power tubes was dead, not glowing at all, sound and volume level were not compromised. I flipped the power off and pulled the dead tube out to inspect and get the color code to order a new matched set. I put the tube back in, powered it on and now it works. ? WTF ? It glows perfectly as if it was never dead.

Anyone run across this ? I will keep a closer eye on it from now on, anyone have an explanation ? The tube was not loose and in the 5 years I've owned the amp, I've never had to pull or check the tubes.

Thanks, TS

Wow. Boogie Board pretty slow lately. Same thing happened last weekend, powered up, same tube didn't glow. Powered down, pulled tube out, put tube back in, powered up, tube glows. I'm wondering weather this is a socket issue rather than a tube issue.

Maybe I should have posted this in the tube area of the forum.....?

Interesting... i replaced mine after buying when i noticed a dead tube and one dull, Right out of the box! New set in now... i wonder if the others were fine. Still have em so ill be sure to check. Trident stage 1 here

Huh, one of the new tubes is also dull, replaced and now ok...

Back