Need Assistance: Output/Solo knobs don't work

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeDogInKC

Reaction score
All,

I picked up a used Stiletto Trident this evening at Guitar Center. Everything (so far) on the amp works fine, except the Output and Solo knobs do nothing at all. I am a complete n00b with Mesa's, as this is my first one. Is this a known issue that's easily resolved? I can always take it back, but I've been looking high and low for a Mesa head that was within my price range. If it's a cheap/easy repair, I'm likely to pass the cost onto Guitar Center since they sold me a broken amp. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just to add a little more info, I've read in the manual that this is normal IF you're using the effects loop and have the switch set to "Loop In". I don't and this is still happening.

Check the tube map and try replacing the preamp tube that drives the loop. One of them is split to drive the loop. Hopefully it is something that simple

I just re-read your post. If you have the switch set to "Loop In", the controls work. If you have it set the opposite, they don't. Check the switch first.

abe said:
I just re-read your post. If you have the switch set to "Loop In", the controls work. If you have it set the opposite, they don't. Check the switch first.
+1

Latest posts

Back