What are y'all using for reverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaren

Reaction score
Of those that are I mean. No need to chime in to say you don't use reverb, reverb is stupid, reverb is unnecessary...save it for EVH lol.
Anyway..I have a SPX50D that I just tried in the loop. Hated it. Not a fan of it in the first place but in the Stiletto Ace's loop...yuck.
What's a good cheap verb pedal? I only need a spring reverb.
Thanks

I own a TC G-System and love it's reverb. Otherwise I'm using the amp's reverb, most of my amps are equipped with spring. On my Mesa Lonestar I wouldn't use anything else than it's own reverb, sounds like heaven, best amp reverb I've heard so far.

I've never used a loop before. I had a cool 1-12 JCM800 combo in the mid/late '80s...switchable, reverb and loop..and slave...I think. It was actually an awesome amp I wish I still had but back then I had always dreamed of owning a halfstack and a trade came along. I used the combo's loop to run an old roland delay but I didn't really know why other than the unit fit better on the amp than on the floor with my pedals.

So I'm loving the stiletto and wish it had reverb.
I have a pretty crappy old Yamaha SPX50 or 500 or whatever (it's not here atm) that has some reverbs in it. I use it with my 18/36W TMB Ceriatone. I come out of (parallel) input2 of the TMB channel into the reverb and out the reverb into the amp's normal channel. I get a volume and a tone for the reverb channel and it works real well.

I don't really know what I'm doing with the loop...or I just don't like/trust it.? I don't like the fact that everything is going through the verb and then back into the amp to feed the powersection. Call me an oldschool idiot. It just kinda freaks me out. Plus it's just MORE "volumes" or "gain stages" to deal with. The channel volumes, mastervolumes, output volume, spongy, solo,...the loop's send level...and then there's the reverb's input level and %ages and output levels and mix and blah blah blah blah...too much for a simple-minded old dummy like me.
I also don't like running the reverb up front with my pedals.

I kinda wish I would either just learn how or take off my "vintage colored" sunglasses. I wouldn't mind running all my time based effects through the loop...like you're SUPPOSED TO ...but
Oh well...some delay adds some dimension space and depth and I add some verb to the guitar in the PA anyway so...probably better that I'm not making everything way too soggy.

Stupid loop anyway! :oops:

Latest posts

Back