Stiletto ace 2x12 tube layout

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markslespaul

Reaction score
I just bought a stiletto ace 2x12 combo and was wondering the pre amp tube layout. When I opened up the amp I noticed it had the mesa 12ax7 tube in the far right spot if you are looking at the amp from the back. I thought this tube was meant for v1 and from what I believe is the pi spot. Can someone give me the preamp layout and what each specific tube does in the chain? Thanks :?:

Go to the Mesa site and they have the manual online for download that has the layout. Not sure if it tells you what each tube does.

The tube layout is printed in white writing on a black metal plate near where the power cord goes in. It's not readily obvious, but it is right in front of you

markslespaul said:
I just bought a stiletto ace 2x12 combo and was wondering the pre amp tube layout. When I opened up the amp I noticed it had the mesa 12ax7 tube in the far right spot if you are looking at the amp from the back. I thought this tube was meant for v1 and from what I believe is the pi spot. Can someone give me the preamp layout and what each specific tube does in the chain? Thanks :?:

Based on this post, I suggest you read the manual a few times. You'll learn a lot. :)

First one's free:

V1 A= 2nd Gain Stage
V1 B= Input Stage (all modes except Fluid Drive & Fat Clean)
V2 A= Input Stage (Fluid Drive & Fat Clean)
V2 B= 3rd Gain Stage
V3 A= 4th Gain Stage / 2nd Gain Stage Clean Modes
V3 B= 5th Gain Stage
V4 A= FX Return
V4 B= FX Send
V5 A + V5 B= Phase Splitter / Driver

Back