New Stiletto Ace Combo - Stoked- 2 guitar player band

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumblefly

Reaction score
Hey Everyone - New proud owner of a Stiletto Ace - I also have a roadster combo - both 2x12 - Thoughts welcome I am mew to mesa -have only had my roadster for a few months-

Set up -
1st Guitar player

2nd Guitar player and singer- not sure to place stilletto on him or me

Bass - Big block 750 head 4x10 swr(I know -need to upgrade to mesa cabs)

We play hard rock but not death metal - just looking for a way so they compliment each other?

Thought sugestions comments Welcom please

If you're playing hard rock, there probably isn't a lot of soloing. The Stiletto is going to be a much brighter amp than the Roadster. I would just try it both ways and see what works for you. We don't know the specifics of your guitars or the sound you hear in your head, so just experiment and tell us what ends up working. :)

For Sure - I will be testing them together tomorrow- I can't wait to hear the Mesa's working together- my other guitar player was p[laying on a line 6 2x10 spider and I couldn't take it- so we should be in good shape now - From what I read the Roadster will have more of the bottom end covered and the Stiletto will Handle the higher end so we shouldn't be muddy and the frequencies shouldn't be stepping on each others toes- We got combo's so stage volume can be controlled more easily - but even a combo can get crazy loud - we just want to get a great tone and mic it but still have some balls for us players - we have been upgrading our P.A. too - just got a pair of JBL srx725 and a pair of srx718 with a couple of mpro415's for monitors.

a gibson Lp studio will be played through the Stiletto
a Ibanez Rg will be played through the Roadster
Music style: hmm -think Alice in Chains meets D.R.I meets Danzig -

Any ideas comments welcome

I play in a metal thrashy yet melodic metal band (with an actual singer). I play a Stiletto II, and the other guitarist has a Triple Rec. They sound AWESOME together. You just have to remember that the Stiletto likes mids, so keep the mid knob around noon, and scoop out the Recto more. They'll compliment each other great. Are you guys going for a lot of gain/saturation, or more of a vintage kind of sound? I can suggest settings for both amps to sound good together, but I'll need to know what modes you're using.

+1 to assigning the Stiletto to the guy who does most of the lead work.

noodles said:
I play in a metal thrashy yet melodic metal band (with an actual singer). I play a Stiletto II, and the other guitarist has a Triple Rec. They sound AWESOME together. You just have to remember that the Stiletto likes mids, so keep the mid knob around noon, and scoop out the Recto more. They'll compliment each other great. Are you guys going for a lot of gain/saturation, or more of a vintage kind of sound? I can suggest settings for both amps to sound good together, but I'll need to know what modes you're using.

+1 to assigning the Stiletto to the guy who does most of the lead work.

Sweet! tried them out last Friday - they did sound great together - gibson LP studio was feeding back a bit though. Yes we use a lot of gain on my roadster bold/modern ch# 4- still new to the stiletto - some recommended settings would be great on both amps - We do play kind of thrashy as well not so much vintage - even when we play older styles we like to keep the modern tip on the sound. Thanks - I appreciate any input :)

Back